Our COVID-19 information page has been designed to ensure that all potential, new and existing clients are aware of our latest updates. Each time there is a new government announcement, we will ensure that this page is updated with any changes to how we operate, so you can have the peace of mind that the information is accurate.
If you have any questions regarding any of our COVID-19 information, our team are always just a phone call away!
Latest Update – 5th April 2021
Following the government’s latest update, we would like to reassure clients that we are able to continue working on their landscapes. As our services are predominately outside, our team are safe to continue the services that we provide. This means that any projects currently booked in will go ahead as usual, and our team are happy to arrange a survey of your property should you require landscaping. If you would like to book in services, then a member of our team is more than happy to visit your premises and take a look. A call will then be arranged with you to discuss the best options to minimise contact. If you would like to know more about how we plan on continuing services through the lockdown, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team.
Our COVID-19 Policy
To reassure our clients and staff’s safety, we have implemented strict processes that will be followed throughout every project. Our team are always happy to run through these with you before visiting your premises. Precautions include the following:
- A risk assessment will be carried out before starting work, and access points will be determined to minimising contact.
- Our team will maintain 2-metre social distancing with one another where possible and where not possible, will wear a face covering. All interactions with clients will be at a 2-metre distance.
- Team members will be encouraged to regularly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds and between this, will be provided with sanitiser.
- Back-to-back or side-to-side working between team members will be encouraged rather than face-to-face.
- Any regular touchpoints will be thoroughly disinfected throughout the day.
- Our team have been briefed on the COVID-19 symptoms and must contact management should they show any signs. If this is the case, they must quarantine for two weeks and will only be allowed back on site when we have carried out the necessary assessments to ensure that they are safe to do so.