Landscape Operative (Machine Operative) Position
Neal Landscapes are looking for a proactive, positive and motivated individual to join our growing team. Neal Landscapes strive to provide the best commercial maintenance service to our clients in and within a 60-mile radius. We are a fast developing and sustained company that has been established since 1992. With this in mind, we are looking for someone who strives to complete a high level of work at a timely pace, who is pro-social, modelling the expectations that Neal Landscapes delivers to all clients.
We are looking for someone who has experience in using a ride on mower and has the ability to work effectively on their own. This person will also have the flexibility to work in a team during the winter months or in summer to meet the business needs.
Your main job role will be to maintain the grass areas on all of our sites throughout the growing season. This candidate will also be responsible for other maintenance tasks whilst on site.
- Grass cutting with sit on mower (main duty)
- Hand mowing
- Manual weeding
- Litter picking
- Maintaining company tools
Other duties may consist of:
- Hedge cutting
- Team leader, other landscape operatives within team and service
- Contracts manager / Neal Landscapes partner
- Monday to Friday employment
- 40 hours per week with opportunities for occasional overtime
- Full manual driving licence
- PA1, PA6
- Sit on lawnmower experience (Preferably triple mowers, Cylinder/flail)
- A positive and proactive approach to work
- Can-do approach
- Effective team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to see the larger task using initiative to achieve the end goal
- Ability to undertake work which will be physically demanding
- Towing licence
- Chainsaw licence – CS30, CS31
- Experience of plant knowledge
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Bonus schemes (I.e. 100% Attendance)
- Extra 5 days annual leave after Continuous 5 years working with us.
- Competitive rates of salary
- Training provided – 28 days of annual leave
- Payment of time and a half for overtime
- Earlier start and finish times in the summer
- Mainly work based within Milton Keynes
Details of employment:
Qualifications and skills – required:
Qualifications and skills – desirable:
Neal Landscapes was founded in 1992 as a commercial landscape maintenance company serving companies in and around Milton Keynes. There are three partners, James Neal, Roy Neal (working site managers) & Anita Neal (working office manager).
We have long-established working relationships with managing agents such as The Parks Trust, Dexter Brown Ltd, MJ Mapp Ltd, Hornbeam CPAM Ltd and many more.
Neal Landscapes are a local family run business with 40+ years’ experience with an excellent reputation for the high standard of work and a high level of health & safety. We have been accredited with Alcumus SafeContractor since 2003, Constructionline and Avetta.
Neal Landscapes is a continually growing company, and we are looking for someone who displays the same level of hard work and commitment to achieving high quality work to join our team.
Benefits of working for Neal Landscape:
Neal Landscapes expect a high standard from all employees, both competency-based and value-based. In order for us to effectively employ the correct employee for our service, the interview will be made up of two stages.
Stage one: – Face to face interview with Neal landscapes management team exploring competency and values of the interviewee.
Stage two: – Practical test lasting approximately two hours. This will be discussed with interviewees if they have been shortlisted for stage two of the interview process.
If you feel that this role is suitable for you and you are interested in applying, please take a few minutes to upload your CV and provide a supporting statement expressing how you feel you meet the requirements for the role. If you have any questions regarding this role or would like to send your covering letter and CV, please contact Neal Landscapes at email@example.com.